Tonight the New Zealand government will impose the threat level alert for the COVID-19 pandemic to alert level four.
We are confirming our status as an alert level four “essential business” involved in “Fast-Moving Consumer Goods”, and our commitment to remain open to meet all our customer expectations as normal. We will meet all government requirements.
In accordance with that alert elevation, we have moved to a “work from home” for all administration and office staff who can do so.
- Our cold store and logistic partners are maintaining their operations and productions process as standard, supported by both their onsite and our work from home Customer Service team, and anticipate no disruption to our normal levels of supply.
- Our Sales Team will continue to make contact with customers by telephone and email to ensure that we are aware of their demand and requirements.
We are in a strong position carrying adequate levels of stock and raw materials, our Asian supply partners are supplying as per our normal requirements and their factories continue to produce high quality products. Should any of that situation change, we will work with our customers as a priority to meet their requirements.
We are well positioned to supply our customers through this challenging period.
Thank you to all our customers for their ongoing support of Markwell Foods.
Rest assured that our strong management team and dedicated staff are committed to ensuring our customers’ continuity of business through these challenging times.
Markwell Foods NZ will be saying goodbye to our Otahuhu office.
From Monday 9th March 2020, our new office will be at Level 3, D/95 Ascot Avenue, Remuera, Auckland 1051, New Zealand.
Our office contact details remain the same and you can continue to reach us as usual.
Please mark the change in your records for all future correspondence.
MARKWELL FOODS OFFICE WILL BE CLOSED ON FRIDAY, 6TH MARCH 2020
- As there will be no orders processed on Friday, 6th of March, please take note of the key dates below to ensure your deliveries.
- Auckland & Hamilton: Order Thursday 5th, Pick up/Deliver Friday 6th &/OR Monday 9th
- North Island: Order Thursday 5th, Deliver Monday 9th
- Christchurch: Order Thursday 5th, Deliver Monday 9th
- South Island: Order Thursday 5th, Deliver Tuesday 10th
- Our partner, Americold (cold store) will be open on Friday, 6th March – so deliveries and pick up will be as usual.
Please have all orders in to us well in advance to ensure deliveries will reach you by the desired dates.
A complete concept of ready-to-serve vegetables with sauce, herbs and flavours.
- Easy Preparation
- A Culinary Experience
- Homemade Look & Feel
- Time Saving
- Cost Saving
- Stable Quality
Check out the range today.
BOOST PROFIT WITH 100% NATURAL SMOOTHIES MADE EASY.
Love Smoothies™ introduces to New Zealand an award winning range of smoothies. Each smoothie comes in a prepacked frozen sachet of whole fruit and vegetable pieces. Simply pour 200ml of apple juice into a blender, add the sachet, and blend for 30 seconds for an award winning smoothie.
Give your customers all the goodness of 100% natural fruit and vegetables and your staff all the ease of ‘pour, add sachet, blend’. Goodness made easy.
- Consistent Taste
- Save Labour Cost
- No Wastage
- 18 Month Shelf Life
- Boost Profit
Let our Lamb Weston Munchskins® menu inspirations lead the way. Solutions from easy breakfast to grab-and-go bites, and from kids meals to fancy restaurant light meals.
Download our exclusive recipe collection by Chef Jason Baker here.
Spaghetti with a creamy yet creamless fresh corn sauce, porky guanciale and sweet crab.
TOTAL TIME : 45 MIN
SERVINGS : 4
• 1 packet of 500g Spaghetti
• 4 cups of corn kernels, shucked
• 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
• l/4 pound guanciale (Italian cured meat/salami), diced
• 2 medium shallots, minced
• 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
• 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice, plus finely grated zest, for garnish
• Salt, to taste
• Pepper, to taste
• ½ packet of 450g Shore Mariner Genuine Blanched Crab Meat (Jumbo or Lump)
• Extra-virgin olive oil, for serving
- Transfer the 4 cups of corn kernels to a blender and puree until smooth. Strain the puree through a fine sieve, pressing on the solids.
- In a large saucepan of salted boiling water, cook the spaghetti according to the packet or best until al dente. Reserve 2 cups of the cooking water, then drain the pasta.
- Wipe out the saucepan and melt the butter in it. Add the guanciale and cook over moderate heat, stirring occasionally, until the fat is rendered, about 7 minutes.
- Then, add the shallots and garlic and cook, stirring, until softened, about 3 minutes.
- Add the spaghetti, strained corn puree, 11/4 cups of the pasta cooking water and the lemon juice.
- Add in the crab and cook over moderate heat, tossing, until the sauce is thickened and creamy, 3 to 5 minutes; add more of the cooking water if necessary.
- Season the pasta with salt and pepper to taste.
- Transfer to shallow bowls and drizzle with olive oil. Garnish with lemon zest and serve right away.
- MAKE AHEAD – The strained corn puree can be refrigerated overnight.
- SUGGESTED PAIRING – Serve this pasta dish with a tangy Sauvignon Blanc of choice.
Shore Mariner has been part of the Markwell Foods group for over 10 years. Recently, it has been decided that the Markwell Foods group would like to better align as one corporate brand across New Zealand, Australia and the Pacific. As a result Shore Mariner will be adopting Markwell Foods as its primary brand in corporate communications.
Markwell Foods will start to appear on our website, email addresses, business cards, company apparel, finance forms, company letterhead and presentations. This corporate identity will continue to be rolled out to various touchpoints as they become due for renewal or a refresh.
Shore Mariner will also remain as one of New Zealand’s most trusted seafood brands. We hope you enjoy our new corporate identity and we look forward to continuing to bring the world to the plates of New Zealanders.
Flavourful and sweet sliced Spanish onions coated with Lamb Weston’s premium breadcrumbs make memorable and profitable additions to any menu.
- Pair with dip and sauce recipes to create unique offerings
- High quality ingredients, hand-crafted appeal
Download our Lamb Weston® Meal Solution: ‘Round of Applause’ here.
Guidelines for ensuring consistent french fry quality. Simple steps for managing your fry station to achieve ideal taste and texture.
Download our guide here.
Variety is the spice of life. And with french fries, too. Satisfy your customers’ cravings with unique and fun shapes, creative seasonings, and world-class crunch.
- Available in a wide range of unique flavours and styles
- An ideal 2nd fry option
- Get creative on quiz nights:
- Twister Tuesdays
- Wedges Wednesdays
Download our Lamb Weston® Meal Solution: ‘Golden Happy Hours’ here.
These full-flavoured hearty performers are the perfect pairing for any kids meal or entrée.
- Wide assortment of fun shapes and styles
- Skin-On Cuts deliver an authentic house-cut appearance
- Cost-efficient with uniform portion sizing
Download our Lamb Weston® Meal Solution: ‘For the Little Ones’ here.
Our Traditional and Coated Fries set the industry standard for quality and performance. A wide selection of cuts are available, all delivering that classic potato taste customers crave.
- Industry gold standard for taste, yield and performance
- Wide array of popular cuts, unique flavours and styles to fill any needs
Download our Lamb Weston® Meal Solution: ‘The Main Show’ here.
Whether it’s breakfast, brunch, or breakfast-for-dinner, our flavourful line of traditional shreds, patties, and IQF hash browns will make your profits rise and shine.
- Cost-efficient with uniform portion sizing
- Traditional offerings and innovative options
Download our Lamb Weston® Meal Solution: ‘The Early Riser’ here.